3 years into coding
About 3 years ago, when I was going to turn 11, I joined a coding club to learn Scratch.
Upon arriving there, I realised that we weren’t learning Scratch, but instead learning Python.
Since then, I’ve been learning Python and coding it in. Now 3 years later, I want to celebrate all the things I have achieved while coding.
- I started by making text based games. My game series - The Hollow (which was was on a TV show) got popular within the Replit Community
- I made a game called Diamond Risk (which I believed to be the best game I had ever made)
- Then I started making console animations using Python, and make an animation series called Upside Down
- After that I started getting interested in HTML, so I learnt a bit of HTML, CSS and JS. I then made my first front end game called Click Click
- All throughout learning HTML, I was also working on improving my Python by making Discord bots
- I honestly fell in love with Flask and started working on my first frontend and backend project, in which I used my favourite database MongoDB. It was a simple website where you could send emails to users within the website: FRANK
- At that time, I didn’t know how to implement cookies in Flask, so the website required you to sign in every time
- After a few months, I could easily make a social media website, with average CSS, connected to a nice database with cookies
- After 3 years, I started learning Kaboom.JS and started making 2D games with some backend related to Express.JS
- I can use Python to make automated email senders and use GMAIL API to get stats on who you have emailed in the past year
- I have improved a lot in CSS (as you can see in my portfolio)
- And of course I can use Flask like a pro to make fun websites!
Follow me to continue seeing my coding journey!
I hope you see my story and get inspired to code!